With its own fleet of more than 30 vessels, Wijnne Barends is one of the Netherlands’ oldest shipping companies, active in European coastal shipping. From the representative office in Delfzijl, at the mouth of the river Eems, she serves her customers at home and abroad and carries out the full management of all vessels. Our colleagues of the Technical Department are responsible for keeping the fleet in good technical condition. As Superintendent you are responsible for maintaining the vessels assigned to you in our fleet. You maintain close contacts with, among others, the ship’s management, suppliers, classification societies and various departments within Wijnne Barends, such as crewing, chartering and the financial administration. You regularly visit vessels and coordinate dockings and repairs on location in the Netherlands and abroad.
Core tasks of the superintendent
• Organizing the maintenance of the vessels;
• Ship visits- and inspections;
• Drawing up and monitoring maintenance budgets;
• Reporting to management;
• Ensure that the equipment on the vessel meets the requirements;
• Implementing (new) laws and regulations.
Who are you?
• You have completed training in shipping, shipbuilding or mechanical engineering;
• You preferably have relevant work experience in a similar position;
• You are familiar with planned maintenance / monitoring and you have an affinity with (automated) processes between vessel and office;
• You have good social skills and you are resistant to stress;
• You have good command of the Dutch and English language;
• You don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you don’t mind traveling for work.
What do we offer?
• A no-nonsense and informal working atmosphere;
• A package of competitive employment conditions including a non-contributory pension, 13th month, 37½ hour working week, 30 days of vacation per year and a results-related bonus;
• A representative company car, laptop and mobile phone;
• The prospect of a permanent contract.
Your new job?
Did you get excited? Join the orange team!
Send your motivation letter with Curriculum Vitae before December 1, 2023 to: email@example.com. If you have any questions, you can contact Hein Bijlholt via: firstname.lastname@example.org.