Junior Superintendent (fulltime)
Do you already have some experience in a technical position? Would you like to expand your knowledge and develop yourself further and does shipping appeal to you? Then we are looking for you!
What will you do?
You will work in the technical department of our company. They guide and assist the crew on the vessels where necessary. From organizing maintenance and repairs, ensuring that the necessary parts and consumables are on board, to keeping track of the certificates, the maintenance system, budget monitoring and reports. We would like to train you in all these aspects of the shore organization of a shipping company, where you will step by step be assigned more tasks and eventually have a group of vessels under your management as a fully-fledged superintendent.
Who are we?
Wijnne Barends is a Dutch shipping company, with its office located by the sea in Delfzijl. Our fleet of more than 30 seagoing vessels is mainly active in Europe, where we transport various types of dry and project cargo. The shore organization consists of approximately 70 people who ensure that our vessels are always operational.
Who are you?
• You are an organizational talent: you like order in your work and you work accurately;
• Preferably HBO working and thinking level and a completed technical education with 1 or 2 years of experience in a technical position;
• You are eager to learn and have no problem learning all about the world of shipping;
• Working in an international environment appeals to you very much, this also means that you can express yourself well in the English language;
• Traveling and sometimes being away from home a little longer is no problem for you.
What do we offer?
• An office with the best view of Delfzijl, an informal culture with a pleasant working atmosphere, nice colleagues and team outings;
• We understand that you sometimes want to take a break, which is why we have 30 vacation days per year for full-time employment;
• It is useful if you live near Delfzijl, but in addition to a good travel allowance, we also have plenty of opportunity to work in a hybrid way;
• Good employment conditions: a non-contributory pension, 8% holiday allowance, 13th month and bonus;
• If functioning properly, the prospect of a permanent contract.
Your new job?
Did you get excited? Join the orange team!
Send your motivation letter with Curriculum Vitae before March 27, 2023 to: email@example.com. If you have any questions, you can contact our technical director Job van Zon via: firstname.lastname@example.org.